- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC
- Buy Cheap Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
- Buy OEM Project 2010 For Dummies
- 19.95$ Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10 cheap oem
- Buy Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1 (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 (en)
- Discount - JoeSoft Hear MAC
- Buy OEM PC Washer 2
- Buy Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC (en)
|Lt. Gov. Simon in Springfield Wednesday to hear from military-school liaison officers|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Wednesday, 15 January 2014 09:38|
Military personnel to urge more support for school transition
Lt. Governor Simon committee to hear recommendations for improvements
Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will discuss how schools treat children in military families with military school liaison officers on Wednesday during a quarterly meeting of the state’s Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee in Springfield.
“Military families often are asked to move to a new state and we need to help them adjust to their new communities,” Simon said. “This hearing will start a conversation on where Illinois schools are doing well, and where we could be more responsive to students.”
The IMBSEDC hearing will feature a presentation by military school liaison officers regarding the Illinois Educational Opportunity for Military Children Act, which is modeled on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children. Key education transition issues will be discussed, including how to strengthen school policies regarding enrollment, placement in classes and extracurricular activities, access to kindergarten, and graduation requirements.
Simon serves as the chair of the IMBSEDC which coordinates the state’s activities and communications relating to current and former military bases in Illinois. Simon is committed to protecting the state’s military operations, installations, and the families of those who selflessly serve our state and country.
EVENT: Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee Hearing
DATE: Wednesday, Jan. 15
TIME: 1 p.m.
Tags See All Tags