- Buy Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Expression Studio 3
- Buy Corel Motion Studio 3D (de,en,es,it,ja,nl)
- Buy Acala DVD Audio Ripper (en)
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS4 (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,sv)
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014
- 99.95$ Adobe Visual Communicator 3 cheap oem
- Buy Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (en)
- Buy IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12 (en)
- Download Sony Vegas Pro 11 (32-bit)
|Lt. Gov. Simon, Sen. Durbin to meet with U.S. Army Corps, business leaders for Mississippi River update|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Monday, 17 December 2012 15:10|
EAST ALTON – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will join Senator Dick Durbin, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, business officials and local stakeholders to discuss the Corps’ response to low water levels in the Mississippi River. The Army Corps will brief attendees on the Corps’ efforts to keep commerce flowing on the river.
“The Mississippi River is a vital economic resource, allowing goods to be transported around the country. I look forward to hearing from federal officials and stakeholders on efforts to keep barge traffic moving and sustain the economy dependent on river commerce,” Simon said.
Simon, chair of the state’s Mississippi River Coordinating Council, has urged the Army Corps to take necessary steps to prevent the RIVER'S shutdown. According to the American Waterways Operators, a national trade association representing tugboat, towboat and barge owners and operators, a potential closure preventing barges from transporting goods would jeopardize $7 billion in products during December and January alone.
DATE: Monday, Dec. 17
TIME: 8:30-9:30 a.m. meeting (closed to press; b-roll opportunity during final five minutes);
9:45 a.m. press conference
PLACE: Jerry F. Costello Confluence Field Station at the National Great Rivers Research & Education Center, 1 Confluence Way, East Alton
Tags See All Tags