- Buy OEM Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 7
- Buy OEM Cool Record Edit Pro 7
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Download Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ultimate Collection
- Buy Sorenson Media Squeeze 7 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Revit Structure 2011
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit)
- Discount - I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009 (en)
- Discount - ElcomSoft Advanced ACT Password Recovery 2.35
|Lt. Gov. Simon to Release College Completion Playbook|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Monday, 28 October 2013 14:58|
Innovative tools to increase college completion and reduce costs to be released at higher education conference
Building on her efforts to reduce costs and boost graduation rates at Illinois universities and community colleges, Lt. Governor Sheila Simon on Wednesday will release a College Completion Playbook while hosting the two-day Scaling Up: Effective Practices in Higher Education invitational conference in Bloomington. Simon’s guide collects the effective practices of national experts and successful Illinois educators.
“It can be challenging to take a good idea from one campus and make it work on another,” Simon said. “The guide will instruct educators on what to do – and what not to do – when trying to replicate programs that help students complete meaningful degrees on time and in less debt. Our goal is to scale up successful college affordability and completion practices across the state.”
Finding and recommendations of the College Completion Playbook include plans for:
· Reducing “credit creep” or the unnecessary credits students take to attain a degree. Modeled by Southern Illinois University.
· Increasing internship opportunities, preparing students to join the workforce and creating connections with future employers. Modeled by Illinois State University.
· Streamlining course credit transfers from one school to another. Modeled by Northern Illinois University and Waubonsee Community College.
· Identifying when students may be heading off course for graduation. Modeled by Northern Illinois University.
The conference is hosted in partnership with the Illinois Board of Higher Education, Illinois Community College Board, Illinois Student Assistance Commission, Lumina Foundation, College Productivity Strategy Labs, Complete College America, and Microsoft. Speakers will include: Jamie P. Merisotis, president and CEO of Lumina Foundation, the nation's largest private foundation committed solely to enrolling and graduating more students from college; Harvard Graduate School Professor, Dr. Christopher Dede; Dr. Larry Abele, Provost Emeritus of Florida State University; and Illinois State University President Dr. Timothy Flanagan.
Prior to coordinating the conference, Simon visited all 48 community colleges in Illinois to discuss their completion efforts and convened Affordability Summits at each of Illinois’ 12 public university campuses to learn how best to address rising costs. In February, she released a white paper outlining game-changing reforms that save students money and speed time to degree; the conference shows many of these reforms in practice.
Simon serves as the state's point person on education reform. In this capacity, Simon is working to increase the proportion of working-age adults with college degrees or certificates to 60 percent by 2025. She aims to make our state workforce prepared for the highly skilled jobs of the future, to improve employment opportunities and ensure continued economic growth.
The Scaling Up: Effective Practices in Higher Education will take place Oct. 30-31 in the Bone Student Center at Illinois State University in Bloomington.
EVENT: Scaling Up Press Conference
DATE: Wednesday, Oct. 30
TIME: 10:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Founders Suite (lower level of Bone Student Center), 100 N. University St., Normal###
Tags See All Tags