- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Buy Cheap Default Folder X 4.6 MAC
- Buy OEM Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 (en)
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra
- Download Microangelo Toolset 6
- Discount - Adobe SoundBooth CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC
|Lt. Governor Reynolds applauds “Million Women Mentors”|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Office of the Governor of the State of Iowa|
|Wednesday, 22 January 2014 12:44|
Encourages Iowans to become mentors
(DES MOINES) - Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds applauds the launch of Million Women Mentors (MWM), a ground-breaking collaborative effort designed to engage one million science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) mentors. Launched on January 8, 2014, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., the initiative aims to educate and empower girls and young women to actively pursue STEM education and careers.
“I encourage all Iowans to consider becoming a mentor; mentoring is one critical way to improve opportunities for girls and young women, so they can see firsthand they can be successful in a STEM career,” said Reynolds. “Mentors can send the message that investing time in studying STEM subjects in school will pay off by building the foundation for post-secondary training or education in STEM fields.”
In conjunction with National Mentoring Month, MWM has constructed a vast network of 13 corporate sponsors, and more than 40 partner organizations that are dedicated to cultivating multiple pathways of mentoring to bolster girls’ confidence and increase access to professionals working in the STEM field. Collectively, these public-private entities represent more than 18 million women and girls.
To make the pledge to become a mentor, visit the website www.millionwomenmentors.org.
MWM is an initiative of STEMconnector®, the national organization that works closely with corporations and thousands of entities to assist in STEM best practices and smart STEM investments.
Tags See All Tags