- Download Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy Cheap BeLight Software Printfolio MAC
- Buy Cheap Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat XI Standard MAC
- Download Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- Download Steinberg Halion 3
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (64-bit) (en,no)
- Discount - Boris FX 9.2
- Download proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (64-bit)
- Buy IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12 (en)
- Discount - Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise
|Lt. Governor Simon statement on passing of Justice Mary Ann McMorrow|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Thursday, 28 February 2013 08:50|
CARBONDALE – February 25, 2013. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon issued the following statement in response to the passing of her friend and mentor, Illinois Supreme Court Justice Mary Ann McMorrow.
“I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Justice McMorrow, someone I have been fortunate to call a friend and hero. I met Justice McMorrow many years ago, because she and my mother, Jeanne Hurley Simon, were the first two women to serve as assistant state's attorneys in Cook County. They remained lifetime friends.
“As a woman and a lawyer, I am inspired by Justice McMorrow’s fearlessness in tearing down gender barriers to become the first woman to be an Illinois Supreme Court justice and later the first woman to serve as the court’s chief justice. It was truly an honor when Justice McMorrow swore me in as our state’s Lt. Governor.
“Illinois has lost a trailblazer and a great leader, but her legacy will live on for years to come.”
Tags See All Tags