- Discount - Nik Software Dfine 2.0
- 69.95$ Adobe InCopy CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Smoke 2012 MAC
- Discount - Super Win A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Buy OEM Autodesk Toxik 2008
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design (en)
|Lt. Governor Simon to attend landmark marriage equality signing|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Tuesday, 19 November 2013 16:24|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon on Wednesday will join Governor Pat Quinn, numerous elected officials, advocates and members of the public to take part in the historic signing of legislation making Illinois the 16th state in the nation to recognize full marriage equality.
“Tomorrow will be a proud and historic day for Illinois,” said Simon. “This is a momentous step toward fairness and equality. I am excited to be a part of this event and can’t wait to start receiving wedding invitations.”
Passed by the Illinois General Assembly on Nov. 5, this landmark legislation will provide equal access to the status, benefits, protections, rights, and responsibilities of civil marriage for all couples and their children in Illinois.
Though Illinois already has civil unions, only marriage affords couples the ability to file joint tax returns, participate in spousal Social Security and veterans’ benefits, and benefit under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Civil unions will be able to be converted to marriages within a year of the law going into effect.
The signing and celebration is free of charge and open to the public. For more information or to register to attend, please visit Equality.Illinois.gov.
Wednesday, Nov. 20
EVENT: Marriage Equality Bill Signing
TIME: 3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: University of Illinois at Chicago Forum, 725 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago
Tags See All Tags