- 29.95$ Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Framemaker 10
- Buy Photoshop CS5 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 29.95$ Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate cheap oem
- Buy Altova DiffDog 2009 (en)
- Discount - CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (64 bit)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Discount - ModelRight Professional 3.0
- Buy OEM Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra
- Buy Cheap Flash CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Autodesk Smoke 2011 MAC
|Lt. Governor Simon to be honored for advocacy|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 21 May 2013 13:13|
SPRINGFIELD – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will receive the 2013 Moxie Award at the Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault’s (ICASA) Annual Statewide Sexual Assault Conference tomorrow in Springfield. Simon was selected as a result of her lifetime of advocating for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
The Moxie Award recognizes individuals who have worked with rape crisis centers in an effort to improve services to victims of sexual assault, pass legislation to end sexual violence, and improve funding for rape crisis centers.
“The recovery process for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence is a long one, and I am committed to making sure they have the tools they need to rebuild their lives,” said Simon. “I appreciate ICASA’s advocacy as we work to increase awareness, and prevent sexual assault and domestic violence.”
Lt. Governor Simon is a former prosecutor who represented victims of domestic violence. Simon worked with Sen. Toi Hutchinson (D-Olympia Fields) on a new law that requires certain adult entertainment establishments that permit alcohol to collect a surcharge that supports programs that help sexual abuse victims.
As a law professor, she helped launch the Southern Illinois School of Law's domestic violence clinic to serve clients and train law students. Since becoming Lt. Governor, Simon has founded two virtual legal clinics that connect survivors with attorneys through webcam technology. Simon has also partnered with Verizon and advocates to raise revenue and collect used cell phones for survivors.
Simon will be joined by the members of her band, Loose Gravel, for a performance following the award presentation.
For more information, please visit www.ltgov.il.gov.
DATE: Tuesday, May 21
TIME: 5:15 p.m.
LOCATION: President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Conference Center, Salons A and B, 701 E. Adams St., Springfield, IL, 62701
Tags See All Tags