- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training (en)
- Buy Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference (en)
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Discount - VMware Workstation 7
- 9.95$ Hacking Wireless Networks For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS5 MAC
- 89.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Download Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS5
- Download ABest Video to AVI MOV Converter
|Lt. Governor Simon to bring government, courtroom to the classroom|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Friday, 21 September 2012 14:29|
CARBONDALE – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will celebrate Constitution Week on Friday by delivering a “Courtroom in the Classroom” presentation to students at Carbondale Community High School, one of a series of presentations sponsored by the Illinois Judges Association across the state.
Simon, along with Judge Carolyn Smoot, Judge Christy Solverson and Supreme Court Justice Lloyd Karmeier, will mark the 225th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution by discussing U.S. Supreme Court case New Jersey v. T.L.O. with Carbondale students.
The 1985 case involved a female student caught smoking in the school bathroom. The principal searched her purse and found marijuana, paraphernalia and money, implicating the student in drug dealing. The student claimed the search violated her 4th Amendment rights, but the court held that the search was reasonable.
“Civic engagement is the cornerstone of our democracy, and it is important for students to see how the judicial and executive branches of government impact their lives,” said Simon, a former Jackson County prosecutor.
DATE: Friday, September 21
TIME: 8:15 a.m.
PLACE: Carbondale Community High School auditorium, 1301 East Walnut Street, Carbondale
Tags See All Tags