- Buy Cheap Ableton Live 9 Suite
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap Camtasia Studio 8
- Buy Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy ForkLift 2.5 MAC (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics (en)
- Buy I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- 49.95$ Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Discount - Apple iLife ’11 MAC
- Buy Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit) (en)
|Lt. Governor Simon to bring government, courtroom to the classroom|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Friday, 21 September 2012 14:29|
CARBONDALE – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will celebrate Constitution Week on Friday by delivering a “Courtroom in the Classroom” presentation to students at Carbondale Community High School, one of a series of presentations sponsored by the Illinois Judges Association across the state.
Simon, along with Judge Carolyn Smoot, Judge Christy Solverson and Supreme Court Justice Lloyd Karmeier, will mark the 225th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution by discussing U.S. Supreme Court case New Jersey v. T.L.O. with Carbondale students.
The 1985 case involved a female student caught smoking in the school bathroom. The principal searched her purse and found marijuana, paraphernalia and money, implicating the student in drug dealing. The student claimed the search violated her 4th Amendment rights, but the court held that the search was reasonable.
“Civic engagement is the cornerstone of our democracy, and it is important for students to see how the judicial and executive branches of government impact their lives,” said Simon, a former Jackson County prosecutor.
DATE: Friday, September 21
TIME: 8:15 a.m.
PLACE: Carbondale Community High School auditorium, 1301 East Walnut Street, Carbondale
Tags See All Tags