- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,ru,zh)
- Buy OEM BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Discount - Avid Media Composer 6 (64 bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Elements 4
- Download Cyberlink Power2Go 6
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2014 MAC
- Download ForkLift 2.5 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
|Lt. Governor Simon to celebrate holidays through volunteerism|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Tuesday, 18 December 2012 15:11|
SPRINGFIELD – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will celebrate the holidays with two volunteer events on Tuesday that reflect her roles as the state’s point person on education reform and chair of the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council.
Simon will visit Lee Elementary School on Tuesday morning to celebrate the holidays with students in an all-school assembly. The students, of varying abilities age 5 to 21, will sing along and play instruments as Simon leads the songs with her banjo.
Tuesday afternoon, Simon and members of her staff will volunteer time at the Central Illinois Food Bank. The volunteers will bag potatoes to be distributed to food pantries throughout central Illinois.
About 15 percent of Illinois’ population is “food insecure,” meaning they don’t have access to enough food to sustain a healthy, active life for all members of the household. A family might not be food insecure at all times, but could forgo other necessities in order to purchase food. Statewide, 22.2 percent of children are food insecure.
“The holiday season is a wonderful time to spend time with family and friends and reflect back on the year, but also an important time to give back to the community,” Simon said. “I encourage everyone to make an effort to do something to give back to their community this holiday season.
Tuesday, December 18
EVENT: Musical assembly at Lee Elementary School
TIME: 11 a.m.
PLACE: Gymnasium, Lee Elementary School, 1201 Bunn Ave., Springfield
NOTE: This event will be for photos and b-roll only.
EVENT: Volunteering at the Central Illinois Food Bank
TIME: 1:15 p.m.
PLACE: Central Illinois Food Bank, 2000 E. Moffat Ave., Springfield###
Tags See All Tags