- Buy Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC (en)
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC cheap oem
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Photo Commander 6 cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Buy Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010 (en)
- Discount - Adobe Font Folio 11
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended MAC
- 79.95$ Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Irish (Level 1)
- Discount - Lynda.com - AJAX Essential Training
- 149.95$ DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
|Lt. Governor Simon to discuss Affordable Care Act impact at EMS Summit in Springfield|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Tuesday, 08 October 2013 12:56|
Focus on providing first-rate medical response in rural Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – October 7, 2013. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will meet with stakeholders and discuss the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel in rural communities as host of the 2013 Illinois EMS Summit on Tuesday in Springfield. More than 100 EMS providers and responders are registered for the summit sponsored by the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council, which Simon chairs.
“This summit is a helpful way to share information and get many stakeholders on the same page,” said Simon. “Understanding the impact ACA will have on EMS work, discussing best practices and bringing these smart minds together will go a long way toward providing lifesaving care to rural residents.”
The 2013 Illinois EMS Summit is an opportunity for EMS providers and other interested parties to come together to examine the conditions of rural EMS in Illinois. In addition to a dialogue on the impact of ACA on EMS work, planned topics of discussion include: caring for stroke patients, partnering with transit organizations to reduce 9-1-1 utilization, pending legislation, the State of Illinois House EMS Funding Task Force Report, best practices and Medicaid/Medicare Reforms for EMS.
As chair of the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC), Simon is leading efforts to combat a shortage of emergency responders in many parts of the state, encourage additional EMS training, and improve various classifications and standards. GRAC also established an EMS subcommittee to enhance existing emergency response units, reduce ambulance response times in rural Illinois and make recommendations for improvements and enhanced access.
DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 8
TIME: 1 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
PLACE: Room 1105/1106 of Lincoln Land Community College’s Trutter Center at 5250 Shepherd Rd., Springfield
NOTE: Media availability before and following remarks.
Tags See All Tags