- 49.95$ ACDSee Pro MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
- Discount - Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- 59.95$ Intuit Quicken Home & Business 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle MAC
- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Creating and Managing Blog Network with WordPress
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe eLearning Suite 2
- Buy Cheap OriginLab OriginPro 8
|Lt. Governor Simon to host Classrooms First hearing|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Kathryn Phillips|
|Friday, 14 October 2011 10:07|
Educators, public to testify on district efficiency, effectiveness
CARTERVILLE – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon’s Classrooms First Commission will hold the first of several public hearings tomorrow in Carterville. The hearing will give parents, educators and taxpayers in Southern Illinois the opportunity to provide suggestions on making school districts more efficient and effective.
The hearing will feature testimony from Steve Webb, president of the Illinois Association of Rural and Small Schools and superintendent of the Goreville Community Unit School District 1; Richard Towers, superintendent of Christopher Unit School District 99; and George Wilkerson, superintendent of Ziegler-Royalton Community Unit School District 188.
Webb will discuss the need for commission members to focus on educational quality in their deliberations so that every student receives the education they deserve. Towers and Wilkerson will provide an update on the proposed consolidation of their two districts, which should allow their schools to provide a richer curriculum.
Members of the public will also have the opportunity to testify and can provide both oral and written testimony. Time will be allotted on a first-come first-serve basis.
Those who are unavailable to attend can watch streaming live video of the hearing at www.ltgov.il.gov. Individuals can also submit their ideas on how to improve school district efficiency using a new online survey at the same web address.
The Classrooms First Commission is a 20-member panel that will examine spending that is far removed from the classroom with the goal of cutting bureaucracy and redirecting tax dollars toward students.
DATE: Thursday, Oct. 13
TIME: 11:30 a.m.
PLACE: O’Neal Auditorium, John A. Logan College, 700 Logan College Road, Carterville###
Tags See All Tags