|Lt. Governor Simon to kick off Domestic Violence Awareness Month|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Monday, 01 October 2012 07:55|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will launch a statewide cell phone drive in conjunction with Verizon Wireless’ HopeLine campaign on Monday in Springfield. Each donated phone will be entirely erased, and could be given to a domestic violence victim for emergency use.
For each phone donated, Verizon will donate $10 to the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence. Phones can be donated at the following locations:
· Lt. Governor’s Chicago office – James R. Thompson Center 15th floor
· Lt. Governor’s Springfield office – 214 State Capitol
· Lt. Governor’s Carbondale office – IDOT Facility, 2801 W. Murphysboro Rd.
· Chicago Bar Association bookstore – 321 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago
· Illinois State Bar Association – 424 S. Second St., Springfield
“We have the ability to refurbish old technology in a safe and sensible way,” Simon said. “Instead of tossing an old cell phone in your junk drawer or the trash, donate it to someone where one emergency call could save their life.”
DATE: Monday, October 1
TIME: 11 a.m.
LOCATION: Governor’s Mansion, 410 East Jackson Street, Springfield
Tags See All Tags