- Buy Cheap Autodesk Lustre 2009
- Discount - Telestream Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro
- 259.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- Download Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design
- Buy Cheap Avnex Voice Changer Software Diamond Edition 6.0.34
- 29.95$ Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals (en)
- Buy Cheap Access 2010: The Missing Manual
|Lt. Governor Simon to rally against domestic violence|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Monday, 08 October 2012 14:43|
CHICAGO – To mark Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will rally Saturday with Chicago Ald. Deborah Graham, Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez, State Reps. Karen Yarbrough and Camille Lilly and other female community leaders to end domestic violence. Simon will call on churches, schools and community organizations to stand up to violence throughout Chicagoland.
Simon, a former prosecutor and founder of a domestic violence legal clinic at Southern Illinois University, is doing her part to help survivors by conducting a second annual cell phone drive. For each phone collected by Simon’s office through Friday, October 12, Verizon Wireless will donate $10 to the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence. The proceeds will benefit the Virtual Legal Clinic, which aims to connect Chicago attorneys with survivors in underserved areas across the state for free, web-based legal consultations.
In Chicago, used phones can be donated at the rally; at the Lt. Governor’s office, 100 W. Randolph St., Suite 15-200; or at the Chicago Bar Association front desk, 321 S. Plymouth Court. Springfield donations will be accepted at Simon’s capitol office or the Illinois State Bar Association, 424. South Second St. Phones can also be donated at Simon’s Carbondale office or a local Verizon Wireless store.
“We need to raise the awareness of domestic violence in our communities and rally together to end the violence,” Simon said. “Each of us has a role to play in making sure survivors’ voices are heard and their lives are protected.”
DATE: Saturday, October 6
TIME: 10 a.m.
LOCATION: Hope Community Church, 5900 West Iowa, Chicago
Tags See All Tags