- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009
- Buy Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Discount - Windows 8: The Missing Manual
- Download Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features
- Download DxO Optics Pro Elite 8
- Buy OEM Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013
- Buy Cheap Norton PartitionMagic 8.0
|Lt. Governor Simon to rally for equal pay, attend Bethel graduation|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Monday, 08 April 2013 14:41|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will rally with federal, state and local officials, and community organizations in Chicago on Tuesday to highlight the disparity in pay between men and women, as part of national Equal Pay Day. This day marks how far into 2013 a woman must work, on average, to earn as much as a man earned in 2012.
“Pay equity isn’t just a women’s issue, this is a family issue and an economic issue,” Lt. Governor Sheila Simon said. “Our society is strengthened when women receive equal pay for equal work, and I will continue to work with advocates to ensure that pay equity is achieved.”
Despite many improvements in women's economic status, employment discrimination and unfairness in the workplace are still a fact of life for too many women. Regardless of education and experience, in nearly every occupation women are still paid less than men, only 77 cents for every $1 a man earns. On average, a woman could lose up to $1.2 million in income over a lifetime due to the wage gap.
Later Tuesday afternoon, Simon will address graduates of Bethel New Life’s Entrepreneurship Training Program. The program prepares individuals to open local, successful businesses to help boost Chicago’s West Side. The 30 graduates comprise the program’s first graduating class, and represent businesses in cleaning services, home-based childcare, home remodeling and carpentry, among others.
Tuesday, April 9
EVENT: Equal Pay Day rally
TIME: 12 p.m.
PLACE: Daley Plaza Lobby, 50 W. Washington St., Chicago
EVENT: Bethel New Life graduation
TIME: 6 p.m.
PLACE: 1140 N. Lamon St., Chicago
Tags See All Tags