- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC
- Buy Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (64-bit) (en,fr,it,de,ru,ja,ch,pt,kr)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Download ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy OEM Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009
- Download BeLight Software Printfolio MAC
- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Buy OEM Roxio Popcorn 4 MAC
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced Archive Password Recovery 4 Professional (en)
- Download Zend Studio Pro 8 MAC
- Buy Sorenson Media Squeeze 7 MAC (en)
|Lt. Governor Simon to rally for equal pay, attend Bethel graduation|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Monday, 08 April 2013 14:41|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will rally with federal, state and local officials, and community organizations in Chicago on Tuesday to highlight the disparity in pay between men and women, as part of national Equal Pay Day. This day marks how far into 2013 a woman must work, on average, to earn as much as a man earned in 2012.
“Pay equity isn’t just a women’s issue, this is a family issue and an economic issue,” Lt. Governor Sheila Simon said. “Our society is strengthened when women receive equal pay for equal work, and I will continue to work with advocates to ensure that pay equity is achieved.”
Despite many improvements in women's economic status, employment discrimination and unfairness in the workplace are still a fact of life for too many women. Regardless of education and experience, in nearly every occupation women are still paid less than men, only 77 cents for every $1 a man earns. On average, a woman could lose up to $1.2 million in income over a lifetime due to the wage gap.
Later Tuesday afternoon, Simon will address graduates of Bethel New Life’s Entrepreneurship Training Program. The program prepares individuals to open local, successful businesses to help boost Chicago’s West Side. The 30 graduates comprise the program’s first graduating class, and represent businesses in cleaning services, home-based childcare, home remodeling and carpentry, among others.
Tuesday, April 9
EVENT: Equal Pay Day rally
TIME: 12 p.m.
PLACE: Daley Plaza Lobby, 50 W. Washington St., Chicago
EVENT: Bethel New Life graduation
TIME: 6 p.m.
PLACE: 1140 N. Lamon St., Chicago
Tags See All Tags