- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand
- Buy 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Buy OEM Maplesoft Maple 16 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit)
- 79.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- 399.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC cheap oem
|Lt. Governor Simon to tout student veterans pledge|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Wednesday, 26 September 2012 14:41|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will join Illinois higher education leaders tomorrow to support a pledge committing schools to implement policies that provide support for Illinois’ 30,000 student veterans.
Leaders from more than 20 Illinois community colleges and universities, including City Colleges of Chicago, National-Louis University, Northeastern Illinois University and the University of Illinois will be in attendance at the University Club in Chicago and asked to sign the Valuing Veterans Pledge. The pledge declares a school’s support for enhancing student veteran outreach and recognition, providing transition services, and establishing support policies and procedures. Simon said pledging to invest in Illinois’ student veterans should be a priority of every citizen.
“As a state, we must ensure that our veterans, those who put their lives on the line to serve us, have access to the tools they need to succeed in school,” said Simon, who is Governor Quinn’s point person on education reform. “An investment in student veterans is an investment in the future of our economy.”
The Valuing Veterans event is co-hosted by the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs and Student Veterans of America. Simon will be joined by David Hiller, the president and CEO of McCormick Foundation, Col. David Sutherland, a former Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Erica Borggren, director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs.
DATE: September 27, 2012
TIME: 8:30 a.m. event start; 9:30 a.m. Lt. Governor’s remarks
PLACE: University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe, Chicago
Tags See All Tags