- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS6 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 for the Web (en)
- Buy Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit) (en,de,fr,ja)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Captivate 5 MAC
- Download Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC
|Luther College junior Lis Athas to perform in 'La Dispute'|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Julie Shockey|
|Monday, 17 March 2014 08:16|
DECORAH, IA (03/12/2014)(readMedia)-- Luther College junior, Lis Athas of Blue Grass, Iowa, will perform as Katherine Mesrou in Luther's Visual and Performing Arts production of "La Dispute."
Inspired by Pierre de Marivaux's prose comedy originally written in 1744, Luther's adaption of "La Dispute" explores the nature of love, betrayal, passion and seduction in a unique social experiment. Eight young adults, isolated from the world, are paired together in attempt to discover if it is possible to create a perfect love with no risks or doubts.
The performances, held in the Jewel Theatre in the Center for the Arts on the Luther campus, are at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, March 12-13; 9:30 p.m. Friday, March 14; and 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 15.
Athas, the daughter of Mark and Vickie Athas of Blue Grass, is majoring in theatre and management at Luther. She is a 2011 graduate of Davenport West High School.
Tickets for the performances are $12 for adults, $5 for children five and under, and can be purchased at Luther's ticket website, www.tickets.luther.edu, by calling the Ticket Office at (563) 387-1357, or by visiting the Luther Ticket Office, open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9-10:30 a.m. and 11a.m.-3 p.m.; and Tuesday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., with extended hours on Thursdays, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
"La Dispute" will be directed by Bobby Vrtis, Luther assistant professor of theatre.
Vrtis earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Longwood University and a master's and doctoral degree in theatre from the University of Oregon. At Luther, Vrtis teaches classes in several areas of theatre including acting, directing, improvisation and clowning.
A national liberal arts college with an enrollment of 2,500, Luther offers an academic curriculum that leads to the bachelor of arts degree in 60 majors and preprofessional programs. For more information about Luther visit the college's website: www.luther.edu.
Tags See All Tags