- Buy Panic Unison 2 MAC (en)
- Download The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing
- Download ARTS PDF Aerialist Professional
- 119.95$ Adobe RoboHelp 10 cheap oem
- 299.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (32 bit)
- Discount - Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Download Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit) (en)
- Discount - Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
|Luther College students Cydney Roelandt and Michael Ehrecke to perform in 'Cabaret'|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Julie Shockey|
|Thursday, 21 November 2013 08:36|
DECORAH, IA (11/21/2013)(readMedia)-- Cydney Roelandt of Davenport, Iowa and Michael Ehrecke, also of Davenport, Iowa, will perform in the Luther College Department for Visual and Performing Arts production of "Cabaret," an award winning 1966 musical based on the play "I Am a Camera."
Performances are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15; 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16; 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21; 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22; and 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23.
Roelandt, the daughter of Bradley and Kelly Roelandt of Long Grove, Iowa, is majoring in theatre/dance at Luther. She is a 2010 graduate of Davenport West High School.
The Luther performance of "Cabaret" will be directed by Jane Hawley, professor of dance, and Bobby Vrtis, assistant professor of theatre.
Upon its premiere, "Cabaret" was nominated for 10 Tony Awards, winning seven of them, including "Best Musical," "Best Original Score" and "Best Choreography."
"Cabaret" takes place in the 1930's in Berlin as the Nazi party is growing stronger. The plot follows the arrival of a young, American writer named Cliff Bradshaw, who has come to Germany to work on his novel. When visiting the Kit Kat Klub, a seedy cabaret, he meets an English performer, Sally Bowles and the two soon find themselves living together.
Through misadventures in love, work and rapidly changing political landscape of Germany, Cliff and Sally find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy in their hands and watching the struggles of their German landlady and her Jewish suitor at the beginning of the Nazi era.
The story is narrated in part by the omniscient Emcee of the Kit Kat Klub, whose flamboyant and increasingly dark musical numbers serve as a metaphor for the madness and disarray descending upon the world around them.
Tags See All Tags