- Buy Symantec Winfax Pro 10.4 (en)
- 29.95$ Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra cheap oem
- 79.95$ Adobe Captivate 3 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection MAC
- Discount - Outlook 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 MAC
- Discount - OmniGroup OmniOutliner Professional 3 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC
- Discount - Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy Autodesk Softimage 2012 (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Access 2007
|Luther College student Elisabeth Athas to perform in 'Cabaret'|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Julie Shockey|
|Tuesday, 19 November 2013 15:55|
DECORAH, IA (11/19/2013)(readMedia)-- Elisabeth Athas of Blue Grass, Iowa, will perform as part of the ensemble in the Luther College Department for Visual and Performing Arts production of "Cabaret," an award winning 1966 musical based on the play "I Am a Camera."
Performances are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15; 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16; 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21; 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22; and 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23.
Athas, the daughter of Mark and Vickie Athas of Blue Grass, is majoring in theatre and management at Luther. She is a 2011 graduate of Davenport West High School.
The Luther performance of "Cabaret" will be directed by Jane Hawley, professor of dance, and Bobby Vrtis, assistant professor of theatre.
Upon its premiere, "Cabaret" was nominated for 10 Tony Awards, winning seven of them, including "Best Musical," "Best Original Score" and "Best Choreography."
"Cabaret" takes place in the 1930's in Berlin as the Nazi party is growing stronger. The plot follows the arrival of a young, American writer named Cliff Bradshaw, who has come to Germany to work on his novel. When visiting the Kit Kat Klub, a seedy cabaret, he meets an English performer, Sally Bowles and the two soon find themselves living together.
Through misadventures in love, work and rapidly changing political landscape of Germany, Cliff and Sally find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy in their hands and watching the struggles of their German landlady and her Jewish suitor at the beginning of the Nazi era.
The story is narrated in part by the omniscient Emcee of the Kit Kat Klub, whose flamboyant and increasingly dark musical numbers serve as a metaphor for the madness and disarray descending upon the world around them.
Tags See All Tags