- Buy Cheap Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition MAC
- Download Adobe CS Production Premium for Final Cut Studio Editors
- Buy OEM Acala DVD to Pocket PC
- 99.95$ Kolor Autopano Giga 3 cheap oem
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6
- Discount - Lynda.com - Practical Photoshop Selections
- Buy OEM Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Panic CandyBar 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7
- Buy Cheap Aurora Media Workshop
- Buy Cheap GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Download Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual
|Machine Shed Serves Local Produce this Summer|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Katrina Padron|
|Monday, 08 June 2009 14:39|
The Machine Shed Restaurant supports their community by serving local produce. The local produce includes strawberry rhubarb, asparagus, sweet corn, fresh herbs, and tomatoes and will be served according to what is in season.
Strawberry Rhubarb is hand cut from Stems and Vines in Wheatland, Iowa. Each day, while it is in season, the chefs make Jeff Grunder’s Family Rhubarb Crisp (see attached for Rhubarb Crisp Recipe).
Asparagus is hand picked from Stems and Vines in Wheatland, Iowa. It is at the Machine Shed in less than an hour after picking – never frozen or canned. At the Machine Shed, the asparagus is grilled to order and crisp.
Kurt’s Green Acres in Bettendorf grows 10 acres of corn each year for the Machine Shed. Rows of eight are alternated so ensure peak freshness every week. Five hundred ears of corn are served each day at the Machine Shed. A local student shucks the corn nightly and it is cooked in a special corn roaster. The roaster is a corn rotisserie that caramelizes the natural sugars in the corn. Then, it is served fresh to each guest.
Each week, servers hand-cut more than 200 pounds of tomatoes from Kurt’s Green Acres in Bettendorf. The tomatoes are sun ripened on the vine.
The Machine Shed plants their own and picks their own fresh herbs. They add flavor to the garlic herb sauce and steak stuffing.
Tags See All Tags