- Download Autodesk Maya 2011 (32-bit)
- 249.95$ Frischluft Effects Pack cheap oem
- Buy MathWorks MatLab R2009b (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress
- 39.95$ Altova SchemaAgent 2009 cheap oem
- Download Sony Cinescore
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Design 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features
- Download QuarkXPress 7.3 Passport
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Discount - Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- 19.95$ GFI EndPointSecurity 2012 cheap oem
- 69.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 cheap oem
|MAE Summer Landscape Workshop|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Gwen Hayes|
|Monday, 28 June 2010 08:38|
Ellen Wagener - Cloudscapes in Pastel - August 20-22, 2010
This three-day summer landscape workshop with Ellen Wagener is geared to both beginning artists and "seasoned masters." The workshop will cover working processes including photography, sketching, idea-generation, compositions, and color palettes.Special emphasis will be given to pastel technique in the creation of cloudscapes.
Workshop participants will also have the opportunity to join Ellen on Thursday, August 19th in Cedar Rapids for a visit to the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art for the Marvin Cone exhibit, “The Sky’s the Limit.”
Throughout his entire career, Marvin Cone (Grant Wood colleague and Stone City member) was fascinated by clouds and he demonstrated his awe of and reverence for cloud formations in his many paintings and drawings. In some of his works, majestic clouds are so much of the subject that those paintings are more correctly called, “cloudscapes” than landscapes. This exhibition of thirty works from the 1910s to the 1940s traces the many ways and styles Cone used to capture the ethereal and transitory qualities of clouds, as well as their majesty and power.
We will also visit the studio of Grant Wood, called Turner Alley, near the Cedar Rapids Museum, and dinner in CR will follow. The fee for the workshop is $295. Visit the Maquoketa Art Experience website for more information or call 563-652-9925.
Also available: A Fall Landscape Workshop
Come work with Terri Ford and experience the orderly rows of pristine farmlands and hills that inspired Grant Wood's landscapes and the birthplace of Regionalist art. This will be a unique opportunity to work with a master pastel artist in an equally unique location. Space is limited, so register today!
Tags See All Tags