- Buy Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Mudbox 2009
- Buy OEM Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Buy OEM Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- 299.95$ Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 169.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Make a Fresh Start Playing by Your Rules|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 07:55|
Expert Offers Tips for Living True to Yourself
What is the No. 1 regret of hospice patients in their dying days?
“They wished they would have lived life the way they wanted to, not the way others wanted them to,” says Kathie Truitt, author of The Hillbilly Debutante Café (www.hillbillydebutante.
Truitt changed her life by necessity after a devastating series of events led to the loss of her home and career. Like many Americans who lost it all in the recent recession, Truitt decided to go about things differently the second time around.
“I got rid of the socialite sweater sets, the business suits and pumps, which were not me, and went to what is me – vintage dresses and cowboy boots,” she says. “I live in the Washington, D.C., area because I have too. But I don’t have to conform to how other people look, dress and behave here. I surround myself with the things I like; I have a country-style house, I drive a pickup, and, once a month, I take a ride out to one of the places featured in Southern Living magazine.”
You don’t have to have a lot of money to live a life truer to your spirit. Truitt offers some suggestions:
As for Truitt, she would love to be back home in El Dorado Springs, Mo. Since she can’t be there, she wrote a novel set in the small, southern town, which is struggling financially. She hopes to fan interest in tourists visiting the town to meet the business owners described in her book, and see the sights. To that end, she’s also organizing an Antique & Book Festival there on April 14, preceded by a Hillbilly Debutante ball – featuring vintage prom dresses and plaid tuxes – the night before.
“There are many ways to live your dreams,” Truitt says. “You’re limited only by your imagination. I don’t want to be that person looking back on my life and regretting that I lived it by someone else’s rules.”
About Kathie Truitt
Kathie Truitt is a former radio personality and speaker in the South, where she was crowned Mrs. Missouri America. She’s the author of False Victim, a memoir about the nightmare of events that forced her from her home. She sells vintage-style clothing, accessories and jewelry at www.hillbillydebutante.
Tags See All Tags