- Buy OEM Nuance OmniPage Professional 17
- Buy OEM Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom (en)
- Download Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate
- Discount - Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium
- Buy OEM FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Download Lynda.com - Real-World XML
- Buy OEM Excel 2007 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Discount - IMAGENOMIC Portraiture 2 for Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - SEO: Link Building in Depth
- Discount - Adobe Framemaker 9
- Buy Access 2010: The Missing Manual (en)
|Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Iowa Grants 2,500th Wish|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Jamie Rasko|
|Tuesday, 06 March 2012 07:47|
(Des Moines, IA - Feb. 28, 2012) - Wishes to Walt Disney World® Resort may be the most typical wish for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but there was nothing commonplace about Elizabeth's wish. The six-year-old from Underwood, Iowa wished to go to the Disney Theme Park to meet Belle, Cinderella, Tinkerbell and Rapunzel, and when her wish was fulfilled, Elizabeth became the 2,500th child to receive a wish in the state of Iowa.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Iowa grants the wishes of children living with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. A wish come true helps children feel stronger and more willing and able to battle their life-threatening medical conditions. For many wish children and their families, it marks a turning point in their fight against their illnesses.
The Iowa Chapter grants approximately one wish every other day and 82 cents of every dollar donated goes directly toward wishes. Examples of some of our wishes include to have a room redo, to meet a sports or movie celebrity, to be a dolphin trainer, and to go places like the Super Bowl or, like Elizabeth, to Walt Disney World® Resort.
In 2012, the Iowa Chapter is celebrating its 25th Anniversary and 2,500 wishes granted to Iowa's children living with life-threatening medical conditions.
Tags See All Tags