- Buy Cheap Navicat Premium 9 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - jQuery Essential Training
- 149.95$ ACDSee Pro 4 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC
- Discount - Artlantis Studio 5 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Remixing a Song in Logic Pro cheap oem
- Buy Aiseesoft Video Converter 3 MAC (en)
- 99.95$ Propellerhead Reason 5 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Access 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
|MAQUOKETA ART EXPERIENCE WELCOMES NEW RESIDENT ARTIST SINDI MUELLER|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Maquoketa Art Experience|
|Monday, 21 March 2011 12:17|
(MAQUOKETA, IA) Maquoketa Art Experience (MAE) welcomes fine art photographer Sindi Mueller to their artist-in-Residence Program with an opening reception and exhibition on Friday, April 1, 7-9 p.m. at 124 S. Main Street in Maquoketa. Mueller joins working artists Rose Frantzen, Thomas Metcalf, and Charles Morris as a permanent resident artist. Maquoketa Art Experience is a not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to bringing accomplished artists to Maquoketa for short- and long-term residencies, workshops, and exhibitions.
The April 1 event features an exhibit by Sindi Mueller entitled “Unveiling” that offers an exploration of kinetic photography and a study in rural and urban landscape photography. Sindi’s kinetic work, photography in which the camera is moved while the shutter is open, captures light, color, motion, and abstraction. Her landscape work explores color, shape, light, and texture of nature in her home state of Iowa, as well as the magnetism of the Chicago urban landscape. Sindi's landscape images have been published in the Maquoketa Sentinel Press and Bellevue Herald Leader. Her first solo exhibit was held at Darkroom in Chicago entitled "Seduced by the Darkness" in December of 2010.
Sindi Mueller is a native of Dubuque, Iowa. She studied at the Chicago Photography Academy where her mentor William Benson inspired her to create photographs that did not appear to be photographs at all. This study revealed a world of surrealism, abstraction, and interpretation resulting in an exploration of kinetic photography.
As a resident artist Mueller will instruct classes and workshops at her studio and gallery space at 124 S. Main Street in Maquoketa. The instruction will be at various skill levels to inspire photographers to think outside the box and create a new form of photographic fine art.
Maquoketa Art Experience programming is made possible in part by a grant from the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs.
# # #
Tags See All Tags