- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Download Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2011
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk Impression 3 (en)
|Marketplace Fairness Act|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013 08:54|
Monday, May 6, 2013
Senator Chuck Grassley issued this comment about his vote against the Marketplace Fairness Act, S.743, which would allow states to require online retailers to collect state sales tax.
“There are a lot of questions about how this legislation would work as a practical matter. How would it be enforced, even on foreign-based businesses, and what kind of costs and administrative burdens it would put on all businesses? Could businesses face audits from any state that acts on the authority given by the legislation? What about the lack of certainty regarding how far the tax authority could be taken by states? Would it result in states imposing taxes on financial transactions, for example?
“In addition, there’s an unresolved Constitutional concern. Congress has the authority to allow states to exercise authority across state lines under the commerce clause, but Congress does not have authority to loosen requirements under the due-process clause, which requires a minimum level of contacts between a state and a business before a state may exercise taxing authority over a business. A single sale in a state isn’t likely to meet that standard.
“These are important questions, and they should have been addressed in the Senate committee of jurisdiction, the Finance Committee. Bringing this bill directly to the floor circumvented the committee process and the scrutiny and expertise needed for good tax policy.”
Tags See All Tags