- Download Acala DivX to iPod
- Discount - Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 13: Paint, Roto and Puppet
- Download Corel PaintShop Pro X5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS Essential Training
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium
- 299.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM PhoneView 2 MAC
- Buy Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,kr,pt,ch)
- Buy OEM Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration CAD Edition 6.5
- Buy Cheap Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Buy OEM Disk Drill Pro 1.8 MAC
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS4
|Master Woodland Managers Program Registration Now Open|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Amanda Heitz|
|Friday, 08 June 2012 14:46|
AMES, Iowa — Beginning on Aug. 28, 2012, the 38th session of Iowa's highly successful Master Woodland Managers Program will begin at the Johnson County Extension office near Iowa City, Iowa. This educational program involves 32 hours of intensive field- and classroom-oriented forestry instruction designed specifically for woodland owners or managers, public land managers, and natural resource consultants.
Course instruction focuses on various aspects of woodland management, including tree and shrub identification, basic tree biology, land and tree measurements, protection from insects and diseases, tree planting and pruning, wildlife management, timber marketing, and wood utilization. Both indoor classroom instruction and outdoor laboratory sessions will be used in this program.
Professionals from various agencies and organizations including Iowa State University, Iowa DNR, tree farmers and county conservation boards will provide instruction. A textbook and a reference notebook, plus various other technical handout materials will be provides as supporting materials.
This educational program will consist of a total of 32 hours (6 to 10 p.m. Aug. 28, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 4, 6 to 10 p.m. Sept. 11, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 18 and 25). A $50 ($65 for couples) registration fee to help cover costs of materials is required and graduates are expected to contribute at least 30 hours of public service after completing the course. Service projects could include a variety of activities designed to improve and expand tree resources in Iowa (assisting with 4-H projects, community tree plantings, forestry field days, etc.).
The Master Woodland Managers Program is sponsored by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, ISU Forestry Extension, Iowa Department of Natural Resources Bureau of Forestry, the Iowa Tree Farm Committee and county conservation boards. To date, 934 individuals have graduated from this program since it was initiated in 1988, and more than 22,000 public service hours have been contributed.
Application deadline is July 20, 2012. A maximum of 30 people will be admitted to this educational program.
Tags See All Tags