- 199.95$ Artlantis Studio 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Propellerhead Reason 4 MAC (en,de,ja,fr)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Maya 2013 (64-bit)
- 199.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 (en)
- Buy Cheap Access 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11.5
- Buy Microsoft OneNote 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
|Mayor Dennis Pauley Challenges Rock Islanders to Volunteer for Achieve Quad Cities|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Jenny Parvin|
|Monday, 22 August 2011 08:24|
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois – Achieve Quad Cities is a community-wide alliance designed to increase the graduation rate by five percent over ten years by connecting students to career opportunities. In his latest show of support, Mayor Dennis Pauley is asking Rock Island citizens and businesses to help local junior high students achieve by volunteering to be Career Navigators (mentors), give a classroom presentation, or host a job shadow. City employees have been involved with Achieve since it first started, over one year ago.
By connecting students to careers, they are more likely to stay in school and graduate. Each student who drops out is a cost to the student and the community. Over the course of a lifetime, each dropout costs our community over $500,000. Achieve is working to encourage students to get their diplomas and have plans for their futures.
The City of Rock Island is promoting Achieve Quad Cities based on a recommendation from the Safer Communities Task Force to focus on mentoring youth.
Mayor Pauley stated, “I am challenging Rock Island citizens and businesses to get involved in this effort, to be more engaged and invested in the future of our youth, and to set the example so that other communities will be inspired and emboldened to join us.” With the Achieve and City of Rock Island partnership, we will change the direction of students’ lives.
To get involved and volunteer today, please visit achieveqc.org or call (563) 344-0338.
# # #
Tags See All Tags