- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Top Secret
- Buy Cheap Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (32-bit)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended (en,it,es,de)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 5.5
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - After Effects CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Mark/Space Missing Sync For Windows Mobile MAC
- Buy Algolab Photo Vector 1.98 (en)
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Discount - PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
- Discount - Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Buy Cheap ABest MOV Video Converter
|MCC QC CELEBRATES LANDMARK RULING FOR EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by RICHARD D HENDRICKS|
|Monday, 01 July 2013 15:27|
DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act) is struck down! As Pastor of Metro Community Church of the Quad Cities, I am singing today: “Ding dong the DOMA’s dead, which old witch, the DOMA witch, ding dong the DOMA witch is dead!,” sings Rev. Rich Hendricks. This U.S. Supreme Court in the United States v. Winsor decision means loving, same-gender couples will no longer be treated as legal strangers. Thousands of federal rights and benefits will now be granted to all married couples equally. As the pastor of a global church founded on the belief that all people are created equal before God and the law, I am ecstatic that the Supreme Court recognized that all US citizens are equal in the eyes of the law, regardless of our sexual orientation or gender identity. Thoughtful, progressive religious people of all faiths have come to understand that love is the overriding principle that guides our understanding of institutions and traditions, and that God’s love and God’s spirit is fully present and alive in the lives of same-gender loving couples everywhere.
Entering into a committed, loving relationship is one of life’s most sacred and holy gifts. Marriage means responsibility and hard work, but it also brings life-changing protections for a family.
There are no second class citizens under the law in the United States. I say under the law, because full equality under the law is still a ways off, let alone equal treatment in practice.
Our struggle is not over. We will continue to pray for and to advocate for equality in every state and in every country all over the world. Here are some things everyone can do to continue to promote equality: First and foremost, be yourself and live out loud! “Come out, come out wherever you are, and meet this equality and be who you are!” Share your personal stories of friendship and love between people. And stand up for equality whenever you are confronted by derogatory, tasteless or hateful remarks.
Freedom, equality -- priceless!
MCC QC holds its worship services at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays at the Tri-City Jewish Center, 2715 30th St., Rock Island through Sunday, July 14th. Beginning on Sunday, July 21st, worship services will be held at Tanglewood Chapel, 4250 Middle Road, Bettendorf, Iowa. For more information about MCC QC you may call the church at 563.324.8281 or check us out on the web at www.mccqc.com.
tearing down walls; building up hope
Tags See All Tags