- Buy Nero 10 Burning ROM (en)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC (en,de,es,it,sv,fr,cs,pl,tr)
- Buy ABest WMV Video Converter (en)
- 89.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition cheap oem
- 9.95$ Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger cheap oem
- Buy Altova DiffDog 2009 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011
- Download Lynda.com - HTML5: Web Forms in Depth
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (64-bit)
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Dorothy Tate|
|Monday, 06 June 2011 15:50|
Local Bettendorf residents get sneak peek into the life of an American farmer with new
America’s Farmers Mobile Experience
What: Ever wonder what it’s like to be a farmer today? Curious about the men and women who care for the fields that you drive by? Now people in Bettendorf have the opportunity to take a look into the life of an American farmer and learn more about the vital role they play in the world of agriculture today through the America’s Farmers Mobile Experience. Kevin Green, local farmer, played a large role in bringing the traveling display to the Isle Casino Hotel in Bettendorf and will serve as the host of the Mobile Experience while it is here.
The new Mobile Experience is a traveling 53-foot trailer that expands into 1,000-square feet of exhibit space that immerses visitors in the lives of America’s farm families. The tour is designed to educate consumers on modern agriculture and the challenges farmers face to meet the growing demands of the rapidly increasing world population.
Visitors will take a journey through three different focus areas with interactive tools and displays to better understand the life of an American farmer.
• An interactive globe will allow visitors to see population growth and how many people one acre of farmland will need to feed to meet the demand of the growing population.
• A 180-degree theater immerses visitors in a video experience that spotlights an American farm family and what they are currently doing to meet the world demand. Hear three generations of farm women speak about what farm life means to them.
• Ag educators serve as personal guides teaching guests about the tools and technologies, including breeding, biotechnology and agronomics, that help farmers meet current challenges.
When: June 7th & 8th
Tours will run from 8am to 6pm daily. (Closed for break 1:30 to 2:30pm each day)
Where: Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
1777 Isle Parkway
Bettendorf, IA 52722
Who: Media and the general public are invited to tour the America’s Farmers Mobile Experience and speak with local farmers and Monsanto Ag Educators.
Background: The Mobile Experience will tour the U.S. stopping at a variety of urban and rural events to give people the opportunity to learn more about every aspect of the farmer’s life, from food production to the challenges they face. For more information on Monsanto’s America’s Farmers’ efforts or its Mobile Experience, please visit www.AmericasFarmers.com.
Tags See All Tags