- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC
- 399.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit)
- Discount - Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Friday, 11 October 2013 08:53|
Davenport, Iowa (October 10, 2013) – Another new exhibition will be opening at the Figge Art Museum. This Saturday, just in time for Halloween, the Figge is pleased to welcome Medieval Monsters to the second floor gallery. The exhibition will explore how images of monsters in the European Middle Ages embodied fears, expressed ideologies and exercised the medieval imagination.
Included in the exhibition will be rare illuminated manuscript pages and stained glass from the collections of Augustana College, Rock Island; Saint Louis Art Museum; Olin Library Manuscripts Collection, Washington University in St. Louis, as well as several other public and private collections.
Curated by Sherry C.M. Lindquist, Ph.D., assistant professor of art history at Western Illinois University, the exhibit offers an opportunity to see rarely viewed artistic treasures, and the remarkable monsters that manifested through the hands of medieval artists. Monsters that personify our particular fears of the unknown, of technology run amok and of the end of the world that pop up in unexpected contexts.
Medieval Monsters is sponsored by John Deere and will be on view through December 15.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags