- Buy Cheap GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Bible
- Buy Cheap Microsoft FrontPage 2003
- Buy Cheap GibbsCAM 2014 64-bit
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Aimersoft DVD Ripper 2 MAC
- 149.95$ ACDSee Pro 4 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Framemaker 10
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Framemaker 9
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Friday, 11 October 2013 08:53|
Davenport, Iowa (October 10, 2013) – Another new exhibition will be opening at the Figge Art Museum. This Saturday, just in time for Halloween, the Figge is pleased to welcome Medieval Monsters to the second floor gallery. The exhibition will explore how images of monsters in the European Middle Ages embodied fears, expressed ideologies and exercised the medieval imagination.
Included in the exhibition will be rare illuminated manuscript pages and stained glass from the collections of Augustana College, Rock Island; Saint Louis Art Museum; Olin Library Manuscripts Collection, Washington University in St. Louis, as well as several other public and private collections.
Curated by Sherry C.M. Lindquist, Ph.D., assistant professor of art history at Western Illinois University, the exhibit offers an opportunity to see rarely viewed artistic treasures, and the remarkable monsters that manifested through the hands of medieval artists. Monsters that personify our particular fears of the unknown, of technology run amok and of the end of the world that pop up in unexpected contexts.
Medieval Monsters is sponsored by John Deere and will be on view through December 15.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags