- Buy Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit) (en,cs,fr,de,it,ja,ko,pl,pt,ru,es,tr)
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (en,de,fr,ja)
- Buy Microsoft Office Standard 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming
- Buy Cheap I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,el,pl,sk,sl,uk)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Discount - GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 MAC
|Michael Bales Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Eastern Kentucky University Public Relations|
|Friday, 19 April 2013 13:25|
RICHMOND, KY (04/17/2013)(readMedia)-- Michael Bales of Clinton, majoring in Occupational Safety, is one of 85 Eastern Kentucky University juniors, seniors and graduate students who were inducted into the EKU chapter of The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi during a special ceremony on April 5.
Bales is among approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year.
Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest, largest and most selective all-discipline honor society. The Society has chapters on more than 300 campuses in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors, having at least 72 semester hours, are eligible for membership. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of candidates for graduate degrees may also qualify, as do faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction.
Since its founding, more than 1 million members have been initiated. Some of the organization's more notable members include former President Jimmy Carter, NASA Astronaut Wendy Lawrence, Baylor University head women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey-Robertson, writer John Grisham and Netscape founder James Barksdale. The Society has awarded approximately $11.5 million in fellowships and scholarships since the inception of its awards program in 1932. Today, more than $800,000 is awarded annually to qualifying members and non-members through graduate fellowships, undergraduate study abroad scholarships, member and chapter awards and grants for local and national literacy initiatives. The Society's mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
Tags See All Tags