- Buy OEM Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition
- Buy OEM CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- 299.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Download Microsoft Access 2013
- 29.95$ Parallels Desktop 4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Microsoft Excel 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended
- Discount - Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC
|Microsoft Phone Scam Targets Local Consumers|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by BBB News|
|Thursday, 29 August 2013 15:08|
The Better Business Bureau has received an influx of calls from consumers who have been targeted by the “Microsoft phone scam.” In this scam, the consumer receives a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Corporation. The caller states that Microsoft has detected a virus on the consumer’s computer and they are calling to assist in remedying the problem. In actuality, these cybercriminals are either trying to gain remote access to the consumer’s computer or trying to download malicious software to extract personal information such as account numbers and passwords.
The BBB reminds consumers that Microsoft’s Online Safety and Security Center states that neither Microsoft nor its partners make unsolicited phone calls.
The following tips will help you avoid falling victim to cybercrime:
If you think you may have fallen victim to a cybercriminal or allowed someone access your computer, the BBB recommends you immediately change your computer’s password as well as any other passwords you keep on your computer such as your email or online banking and proceed to find a computer repair company or person you can trust. Go to iowa.bbb.org to find reputable companies near you.
Tags See All Tags