- Download Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012
- Buy Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition 2010 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Up and Running with Evernote for Windows
- Buy VMware Workstation 6.5 (en)
- 29.95$ Super Win A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner cheap oem
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013 MAC
- Download Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit)
- Download MacJournal 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- Discount - Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC
|Milan-Based Field Artillery Battalion Returns from Sinai, Egypt|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by readMedia|
|Thursday, 12 May 2011 07:18|
Homecoming Ceremony Set for May 14 for Units in Milan, Galesburg and Macomb
MILAN , IL (05/11/2011)(readMedia)-- Approximately 440 Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers who served in Sinai, Egypt assisting with the 1979 Egypt and Israel peace treaty agreement, will return to Illinois this weekend. A homecoming ceremony for units with 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery Regiment in Milan will take place at 10:00 a.m. May 14 at armories in Milan, Galesburg and Macomb.
The Soldiers mobilized in May 2010 as part of the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO). The international peacekeeping force oversees the terms of the 1979 peace treaty between Egypt and Israel. For three decades the MFO has carried out its mission and has proven successful. The desire of peace on the part of both Israel and Egypt, combined with the effectiveness of the MFO, has resulted in a durable and lasting state of peace between the two nations.
"Our Soldiers did an outstanding job accomplishing their mission," said Lt. Col. Maurice Rochelle of Flossmoor, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery commander. "There were no major accidents, incidents or casualties during our deployment and we succeeded in every facet of our mission. I am proud of the work these Soldiers have done representing Illinois and their families should be proud of them as well."
The Milan-based 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery Regiment includes the Forward Support Company, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery in Milan; Headquarters, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery in Milan; Battery A, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery in Milan; Battery B, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery in Macomb and Battery C, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery in Galesburg.
This is the first time the battalion has deployed as a single unit. While the mobilization included units from northwest Illinois, Soldiers are from all areas of Illinois.
Tags See All Tags