- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Eset Smart Security 5 (32-bit) (en)
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Download Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2009
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 cheap oem
- 19.95$ Aurora Media Workshop cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 6 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth (en)
- Buy Cheap AnyBizSoft PDF Converter MAC
- 29.95$ Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5 cheap oem
|Mississippi Valley Blues Society Fundraiser Features Silent Auction, Beale Street Theme|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by MVBS|
|Wednesday, 02 May 2012 08:58|
Saturday, May 12th at Martinis on the Rock
The Mississippi Valley Blues Society presents its annual Fundraiser on Saturday May 12 at Martinis on the Rock (4619 - 34th Street, Rock Island, just south of Blackhawk Road). Admission is $20, which includes food and entry into drawings for door prizes. The party, which includes a silent auction, begins at 6:00 p.m., with the music starting at 7:00 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the 2012 Blues Festival, to be held June 29-July 1 at Davenport’s LeClaire Park.
Music will be provided by three bands who have won the Iowa Blues Challenge and represented the state of Iowa at the annual International Blues Challenge in Memphis TN. The Steady Rollin’ Blues Band, The Candymakers, and The Mercury Brothers will each take the stage in Martinis’ brand new outdoor music pavilion, situated in back with a stunning view of the scenic Rock River. After the three sets, the MVBS will host a jam session.
The theme for this Fundraiser is Beale Street, the storied avenue in Memphis where the blues was born and raised, and where Iowa Blues Challenge winners have pursued blues fame and fortune at the Blues Foundation’s International Blues Challenge. It’s fitting that the MVBS bring Beale Street to the Quad-Cities, considering that since 2000, 10 of the 12 Iowa Blues Challenge winners have been from the Quad-Cities.
On May 12, MVBS will be featuring prize drawings, a 50/50 raffle, and a silent auction of valuable merchandise and gift baskets donated by area businesses and organizations, as well as rare blues memorabilia from the MVBS archives.
Along with our sponsors, donors, volunteers, members and supporters, the non-profit MVBS depends heavily on fundraisers such as this to keep our musical standards as high, and our Festival admission prices as ridiculously low, as they’ve been in the past.
Steady Rollin’ Blues Band, The Candymakers, and The Mercury Brothers (All Iowa Blues Challenge winners and IBC Memphis semi-finalists), Jam featuring members of four more Iowa Blues Challenge winning bands and IBC Memphis semi-finalists, plus other local blues talent
Tags See All Tags