- Buy Ashampoo Cover Studio (en)
- Download ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- Download IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics (en)
- 29.95$ Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada] cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 6 MAC
- 299.95$ Autodesk Revit Structure 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra
|Mississippi Valley Fair Fun Cards now on sale|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Phil Roberts|
|Tuesday, 31 May 2011 13:29|
Davenport, Iowa (May 25, 2011) -- Take a stellar lineup of grandstand acts and a variety of free grounds shows and attractions. Add the Evans United Shows Carnival, commercial and craft displays, some great fair food and lots of livestock shows. And you’ve got the recipe for the 92nd Great Mississippi Valley Fair, being held here Aug. 2-7, at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 W. Locust St.
Fun Cards -- good for daily admission to the grounds and all grandstand shows -- are now for sale at Hy-Vee stores and the fair office. They are $40 each through July 6, then the price goes to $45.
For those without Fun Cards, grounds admission is $10 at the gate for adults and $3 for children 4-12. Children 3 and under are free.
Entertaining in the grandstand this year at the Great Fair are Joe Nichols on Tuesday, Blake Shelton on Wednesday, Darius Rucker on Thursday, the Steve Miller Band on Friday, the Charlie Daniels Band on Saturday and Miranda Lambert on Sunday. All shows begin at 8 p.m., and admission is by Fun Card only. Those 3 and under, however, are admitted free.
Grounds shows and attractions, as always, include some perennial favorites and some newcomers. Fair manager Bob Fox, who books the acts, keeps a close eye on them and doesn’t let any one get stale with fair-goers.
In no particular order, the 2011 shows and attractions include the Caboodlestoppers, the Giant Ejector Seat, The Diamonds, Gym Bob’s Jamboree with Mike Porter, a diving show, Robinson’s Racing Pigs, Kachunga and the Alligator Show, professional break dancers, Frisco’s Elephants and Petting Zoo, Todd the Stilt Walker, Michelle’s Magic Poodles, a woodcarver, the National Belgian Horse Show, Great Cats, Granpa Cratchet and Dallas, the Fire Guy.
Tags See All Tags