- Buy OEM Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3
- Buy Cheap 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8
- Buy Cheap Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Professional Edition
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12
- 9.95$ ABest WMV Video Converter cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Discount - Sony Vegas Pro 9
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5 (en)
- 19.95$ 1Click DVD To iPod 2 cheap oem
|Modern Woodmen will support Quad City food pantries on May 3|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Amber O’Brien|
|Monday, 28 April 2014 09:40|
Youths and teens will work to benefit local American Red Cross chapter
On Saturday, May 3, hundreds of volunteers will make a difference throughout the Quad Cities with paint cans, brushes, rollers and cleaning supplies. The food pantry support projects are part of Join Hands Day, a national day of service sponsored by Modern Woodmen and other fraternal benefit societies.
Grace Bible Fellowship Food Pantry
Second Baptist Church Food Pantry
Watertown Ecumenical Food Pantry
Modern Woodmen youth project:
Prince of Peace Food Pantry
Bettendorf Community Food Pantry
Join Hands Day is the only national day of service designed to bring youths and adults together to plan and implement service projects in their communities. As the generations work side by side, they learn more about each other, sparking a new level of understanding and respect.
The hunger and desperate need for food in the Quad City area sparked Modern Woodmen’s interest to support River Bend Foodbank. This is one of many ways Modern Woodmen’s plans to give back to River Bend Foodbank in 2014. The foodbank serves 22 counties in Illinois and Iowa and serves nearly 10,000 people each week for emergency food assistance.
Throughout the Quad Cities, more than 1400 area youths and adults are teaming up to complete volunteer projects. Locally, Modern Woodmen sponsors these local initiatives and gives each project a $50 grant to offset project expenses.
Founded in 1883, Modern Woodmen of America touches lives and secures futures. The fraternal financial services organization offers financial services and fraternal member benefits to individuals and families throughout the United States.
For more information about local Join Hands Day projects, contact Amber O’Brien at 309-793-5660, or visit modern-woodmen.org.
Tags See All Tags