- Discount - Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition (cs,pl,tr,de,es,it,pt,fr,nl,sv,en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (64 bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- Discount - Lynda.com - Outlook 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Download Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro
- Buy Cheap Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2013 (USA Version)
- 99.95$ TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full cheap oem
- 29.95$ ABest Video to AppleTV 3GP SWF Converter cheap oem
|Monday: Iowans for Gun Safety, Faith Leaders to Rally for Gun Violence Prevention|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Matt Sinovic|
|Tuesday, 12 February 2013 09:41|
Local Leaders have their own State of the Union Message for Congressman Latham
Des Moines, IA – When the President addresses gun violence in his State of the Union speech on Tuesday, Rep. Tom Latham will have the voices of his constituents ringing in his ears –imploring him to support the common sense measures for gun violence prevention.
That’s because on Monday, Feb. 11 at 11 AM, Iowa Rep. Ako Abdul-Samad, Tiffany Woods, Rev. Carlos Jayne, Rev. Cheryl Thomas, Connie Ryan Terrell, and concerned citizens will gather in U.S. Rep. Latham’s district at the state capitol building to give their own State of the Union address to the Congressman on the importance of tackling gun violence, a plague that is snuffing out the lives of thirty-three people including nearly nine children and teenagers in America every single day.
Next week marks the two-month anniversary of the nightmare in Newtown, CT, where 20 six- to seven-year-old children and six adults were senselessly gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary by a gunman armed with a Bushmaster AR-15 military-style assault rifle. While the community of Newtown is only beginning its long, for some endless, road to recovery, the devastation wrought there has appallingly become all too common in America. In fact, Newtown was one of 43 mass shootings—nearly one per month— that have occurred in the last four years.
WHO: State Representative Ako Abdul-Samad
Tiffany Woods, Mother of Corey Hamilton, victim of gun violence
Rev. Carlos Jayne, Iowans for Gun Safety
Rev. Cheryl Thomas, One Million Moms for Gun Safety-Iowa
Connie Ryan Terrell, Executive Director, Interfaith Alliance of Iowa
WHAT: Press Conference to urge Congressman Latham to do the right thing and support the Gun Violence Prevention Actions the President is calling for during the State of The Union
WHERE: Iowa State Capitol, Room 24
East 9th & Grand Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
WHEN: Monday, February 11 at 11:00 a.m.
Tags See All Tags