- 69.95$ Boris FX 9.2 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Web Redesign: Strategies for Success
- Download Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 SP2
- 199.95$ Adobe Font Folio 11 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Design 2014 MAC
- Discount - Chief Architect X2
- Buy Cheap Steinberg Cubase 5
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming MAC (en)
|More Iowa Counties to Receive Disaster Assistance|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Sen. Charles Grassley|
|Monday, 22 March 2010 13:04|
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today said President Barack Obama amended a major disaster declaration for Iowa, triggering the release of FEMA funds to help more Iowa counties recover from the severe winter storm and snowstorm that occurred from December 23 - 27. Additional designations may be made at a later date after further evaluation.
“Winter weather hit Iowa extremely hard and caused an enormous amount of damage,” Grassley said. “It’s good to see this disaster being addressed by President Obama so Iowans can continue cleaning up the damage.”
FEMA will additionally provide assistance to Buena Vista, Dickinson, O’Brien, Palo Alto, Plymouth and Pocahontas counties through the Public Assistance program. The Public Assistance program assists state and local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
FEMA will also provide snow assistance to additional counties for emergency protective measures for a 48-hour period for Buena Vista, Dickinson, O’Brien, Palo Alto and Plymouth counties.
All Iowa counties are also eligible to apply for assistance through the Hazard Mitigation Grant program. The Hazard Mitigation Grant program assists state and local governments and certain private non-profit organizations for actions taken to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural hazards.
Grassley sent a letter to Obama asking him to grant Governor Chet Culver’s request to declare Iowa a major disaster area as a result of the severe winter storm and snowstorm that occurred on December 23 - 27.
Click here to see a copy of Grassley’s letter.
Tags See All Tags