|More Than $1 Million to Iowa from FEMA|
|News Releases - Environment, Weather & Nature|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Tuesday, 07 June 2011 13:05|
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today said that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has awarded funding totaling $1,853,527 to Iowa the through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, Iowa will use the funds to upgrade 42.9 miles of electric distribution line, so that it can better withstand severe weather. This is part of Iowa’s Consumers Energy Overhead Electric Retrofit Project.FEMA obligates funding for these projects directly to the state. It is the state's responsibility to ensure that the eligible sub-grantees receive these awards. FEMA contributes 75 percent of the total cost of a project. State and local entities contribute the other 25 percent.
Tags See All Tags