- 9.95$ Lynda.com - 3DS Max 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Kigo M4V Converter MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Intermediate
- Download Adobe InDesign CS6 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2015 (64-bit)
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 cheap oem
- 19.95$ Kingsoft Office 2009 cheap oem
- 29.95$ Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6 cheap oem
- Download Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Buy Cheap SnagIt 11
|More than 750 thank-you cards and letters collected for military men and women|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Kim Woodward|
|Tuesday, 16 June 2009 07:20|
For Flag Day, Modern Woodmen and Royal Neighbors honor those who serve
Throughout a two-week collection, Quad-Cities residents donated more than 750 cards and letters to send to members of the Armed Forces serving overseas.
Modern Woodmen of America and Royal Neighbors of America, two Rock Island-based businesses, sponsored a card and letter collection during the first two weeks of June. All cards and letters collected are donated to the Rock Island Arsenal Chapter of Association of the United States Army to distribute to service men and women stationed overseas.
This project was in honor of Flag Day on June 14, a patriotic holiday paying tribute to the adoption of the Stars and Stripes in 1777.
Modern Woodmen and Royal Neighbors celebrate Flag Day to honor the nation’s symbol of freedom. The two fraternal financial services organizations have long celebrated patriotism and proudly offer fraternal programs that continue this tradition by donating flags, honoring veterans, and supporting troops and their families.
Founded in 1883, Modern Woodmen of America touches lives and secures futures. The fraternal benefit society offers financial services and fraternal member benefits to individuals and families throughout the United States.
Royal Neighbors of America is a non-profit fraternal membership organization with a 100-plus-year history of helping women and their families. The organization insures lives, supports women, and serves communities by offering insurance and annuity products. Its members also participate in a variety of locally based volunteer opportunities and are eligible to apply for many member benefits such as scholarships and disaster aid.
– end –
Tags See All Tags