- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
- Download GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Download Acala DVD iPod Ripper
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013
- Buy Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC (en,da,de,ru,it,fr,es,fi,nl,nb,pl,sv,ja)
- Download Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals cheap oem
- Discount - Propellerhead Reason 5 MAC
- Buy Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sr,sl,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 (en,zh,cs,nl,fr,de,it,ja,kr,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,tr)
|Morrow Raises $5000 for Kids’ Charities|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Sue Rose|
|Monday, 09 May 2011 13:51|
Makes Record 2000 Pushups
MOLINE, IL— May 2, 2011 - John Morrow’s Push-Ups for Peace event last Saturday netted $5000 for charity and a world record 2000 push-ups on the backs of hands in an hour by John Morrow. According to Morrow, the current Guinness World Record holder for this event is Paddy Doyle of England, who made 1940 five years ago. Morrow will submit his claim to Guinness for review.
“I’m still running on adrenalin,” said Morrow on Monday, two days after the event. “I feel terrific, and it’s nice to be on the way to eating again!” Morrow accomplished 2000 push-ups in the hour on the backs of his hands, after fasting for 41 days. His videographer, Chuck McClurg, has the event recorded as the climax of a video documentary Morrow hopes will air on national TV.
Approximately 200 people were in attendance, including the group push-uppers, volunteers and the media.
“We more than doubled last year’s donations to kids’ charities,” said Morrow. “It was great to see so many people show up with such enthusiasm and willingness to participate in any way they were able.”
All push-up proceeds are evenly divided between Quad City Children's Therapy Center, Kids Against Hunger, and the Make A Wish Foundation. Spectator admission proceeds will benefit the Rock Island Word of Life food pantry.
Tags See All Tags