- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 299.95$ Geometric CAMWorks 2014 64-bit cheap oem
- Download Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC (en,fr,de,es,it)
- Download FL Studio 8 XXL
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2009
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS
- Buy OEM Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
|Morthland Passes Bill to Toughen laws against Human Trafficking|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Rep. Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 07:41|
Springfield, IL…Yesterday, State Representative Rich Morthland’s (R-Cordova) bill on Human Trafficking passed the Illinois House on a vote of 82-32.
House Bill 5482 would make Class 1 felony of human trafficking or involuntary servitude convictions a non-probationary offense. In metropolitan Chicago, 16,000 to 25,000 women and girls are involved in the commercial sex trade annually. Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, because of its strategic location and importance, is considered a highly used transit location by traffickers to transport victims and disperse them as needed to other cities and states.
“We must be tough on crime,” Morthland stated. “Illinois remains a hub for human trafficking, especially in the Chicago area. With this bill we toughen our laws against human trafficking criminals.“
Currently, only Human Traffickers who are convicted of Class X Human Trafficking felonies are denied the possibility of parole. Because of the centrality and importance as a regional transportation hub, victims in many surrounding states are trafficked through Illinois. Apart from sexual exploitation, victims in Chicago are also trafficked for forced begging, domestic servitude, and forced labor.
Tags See All Tags