- Discount - Smith Micro Poser 7
- Buy Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Buy Cheap Altova Umodel Enterprise 2009
- Buy Cheap ABest MOV Video Converter
- 19.95$ Acronis Disk Director 11 Home cheap oem
- Buy OEM IMAGENOMIC Portraiture 2 for Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Buy Cheap Panic Coda MAC
- Buy Cheap VMware Workstation 7
- 149.95$ Sony Vegas Pro 11 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 (en)
|Morthland Proposes Sales Tax Exemptions for IL Farmers|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 14:28|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland (R-Cordova) has filed legislation offering sales tax exemptions for Illinois farmers. House Bill 3817 exempts the sales tax imposed on fence posts, fencing, and farm gates. House Bill 3818 exempts the sale tax imposed on baling twine, baling wire, plastic bags, plastic sleeves, and plastic sheeting
Representative Morthland, a seventh generation Illinois farmer, explained that farmers cross the Mississippi River to Iowa to make agricultural supply purchases because Iowa has a more favorable tax structure.
"Every time a farmer crosses the river to buy agricultural products, the State of Illinois loses employment potential and revenue opportunities on all of the purchases made that currently do not qualify for the sales tax exemption," Morthland said.
Morthland's legislation requires that the purchaser certifies the items will be used for farm production.
"Sales taxes on agricultural production goods act like a cumulative value added tax which, incidentally, Illinois rejected under Rod Blagojevich," Morthland said. "Some people will look at this like, 'it's just fence materials and twine,' but to the Illinois farmer who buys in bulk, these taxes can be burdensome."
Tags See All Tags