- 49.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro MAC cheap oem
- 99.95$ Navicat Premium 9 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC
- Buy Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Ashampoo Magical Snap 2
- Download Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro
- Discount - Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
- Discount - How to do everything. Adobe InDesign CS4
- Download Nuance OmniPage Professional 17
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
- 39.95$ Parallels Desktop 5 MAC cheap oem
|Morthland Urges Illinois Not to Waive Welfare to Work Requirements|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Rep. Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 10 September 2012 13:51|
Moline, IL… State Representative Rich Morthland (R-Cordova) introduced two pieces of legislation today aimed at maintaining Illinois’ commitment to the work requirements for assistance under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.
Established in 1996, the program attempts to curb welfare dependence by encouraging recipients to move from welfare to work. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) indicated in July that it is willing to approve state waivers that reduce the participation requirements.
Morthland introduced House Bill 6223 which would prohibit Illinois from seeking a waiver.
“This legislation hits close to home,” said Morthland. “My wife and I have seen first-hand the benefits the TANF program brings to our community and to our state. The program has resulted in a reduction of child poverty, a reduction in the welfare dependency, and an increase in employment earnings of single mothers.”
Morthland also announced House Resolution 1218 which urges the Governor and the Illinois Secretary of the Department of Human Services to refuse to seek a waiver from HHS.
“Welfare to Work is a good program that helps working families who want a piece of the American dream. It is important we hold Illinois to a higher standard and continue to offer job training, mentoring and educational opportunities to those in need.”
Tags See All Tags