- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC
- Download Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate
- Download Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- 39.95$ ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom cheap oem
- 29.95$ Nero 7 Vision Xtra cheap oem
- 39.95$ Sony CD Architect 5.2 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- Buy Nolo Quicken WillMaker Plus 2011 (en)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe Audition CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT 2010
|Morthland's Gas Tax Report Released|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 14:08|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland's (R-Cordova) House Resolution 328 directed the Illinois Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability to conduct an objective, non-political examination of the State's policy of charging "ad valorem" Illinois sales taxes on motor fuel. This report revealed various factors contributing to the price of gas sold in Illinois.
"Our gasoline sales tax of 6.25% makes Illinois the 3rd highest total tax on fuel in the nation," Morthland said. "This tax has a compounding effect as it increases when gas prices increase. This contributes to flight to Iowa and other states that don't have such a punitive tax structure." Morthland continued, "When we buy our gas in Iowa, it's not uncommon to pick a few groceries or other items there."
The COGFA report speculates that this tax structure has a negative on business in Illinois.
"It's nice to have the income, but it's not necessarily a good dollar in if it's hurting our state and derailing Illinois jobs by pushing sales across state borders," Morthland said. "I am working on a form of tax relief for border communities in Illinois to restore our competitive edge."
Tags See All Tags