- Buy Cheap ZoneAlarm AntiVirus 8
- Buy OEM Adobe Font Folio 11
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- 199.95$ Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- 149.95$ Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Best Software ACT! 2005
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
- Buy OEM AnyBizSoft PDF Converter MAC
|Morthland's Gas Tax Report Released|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 14:08|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland's (R-Cordova) House Resolution 328 directed the Illinois Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability to conduct an objective, non-political examination of the State's policy of charging "ad valorem" Illinois sales taxes on motor fuel. This report revealed various factors contributing to the price of gas sold in Illinois.
"Our gasoline sales tax of 6.25% makes Illinois the 3rd highest total tax on fuel in the nation," Morthland said. "This tax has a compounding effect as it increases when gas prices increase. This contributes to flight to Iowa and other states that don't have such a punitive tax structure." Morthland continued, "When we buy our gas in Iowa, it's not uncommon to pick a few groceries or other items there."
The COGFA report speculates that this tax structure has a negative on business in Illinois.
"It's nice to have the income, but it's not necessarily a good dollar in if it's hurting our state and derailing Illinois jobs by pushing sales across state borders," Morthland said. "I am working on a form of tax relief for border communities in Illinois to restore our competitive edge."
Tags See All Tags