- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Corel Painter X3
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 (en,fr,de)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- 19.95$ BusyMac BusyCal MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe Captivate 5
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 MAC (en,ja)
|Morthland's Gas Tax Report Released|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 14:08|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland's (R-Cordova) House Resolution 328 directed the Illinois Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability to conduct an objective, non-political examination of the State's policy of charging "ad valorem" Illinois sales taxes on motor fuel. This report revealed various factors contributing to the price of gas sold in Illinois.
"Our gasoline sales tax of 6.25% makes Illinois the 3rd highest total tax on fuel in the nation," Morthland said. "This tax has a compounding effect as it increases when gas prices increase. This contributes to flight to Iowa and other states that don't have such a punitive tax structure." Morthland continued, "When we buy our gas in Iowa, it's not uncommon to pick a few groceries or other items there."
The COGFA report speculates that this tax structure has a negative on business in Illinois.
"It's nice to have the income, but it's not necessarily a good dollar in if it's hurting our state and derailing Illinois jobs by pushing sales across state borders," Morthland said. "I am working on a form of tax relief for border communities in Illinois to restore our competitive edge."
Tags See All Tags