- Buy OEM Altova Umodel Enterprise 2009
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2010
- Discount - Acala AVI DivX MPEG XviD VOB to PSP
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium MAC
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- Buy PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe InCopy CS5.5
- Discount - Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada]
- Download 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit) (en)
|Morthland's Gas Tax Report Released|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 14:08|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland's (R-Cordova) House Resolution 328 directed the Illinois Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability to conduct an objective, non-political examination of the State's policy of charging "ad valorem" Illinois sales taxes on motor fuel. This report revealed various factors contributing to the price of gas sold in Illinois.
"Our gasoline sales tax of 6.25% makes Illinois the 3rd highest total tax on fuel in the nation," Morthland said. "This tax has a compounding effect as it increases when gas prices increase. This contributes to flight to Iowa and other states that don't have such a punitive tax structure." Morthland continued, "When we buy our gas in Iowa, it's not uncommon to pick a few groceries or other items there."
The COGFA report speculates that this tax structure has a negative on business in Illinois.
"It's nice to have the income, but it's not necessarily a good dollar in if it's hurting our state and derailing Illinois jobs by pushing sales across state borders," Morthland said. "I am working on a form of tax relief for border communities in Illinois to restore our competitive edge."
Tags See All Tags