- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Panic Transmit 4 MAC
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Download Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3
- Buy Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6 (en)
- 9.95$ Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Ultimate (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection MAC
- Download Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Neobyte Titan Backup
- 19.95$ TuneUp Utilities 2008 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO
|Mosquito Repellents are the Way to Go|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Monday, 18 July 2011 12:12|
The mosquitoes this summer have hit all-time highs and have been a real deterrent to being outside. Mosquito population trends for the summer have reached four times the number from last year. Visit the Iowa State University medical entomology lab mosquito surveillance website at http://mosquito.ent.iastate.edu/browse_county.php for more information.
Floodwater mosquitoes (the most common biters) have no respect for property lines and easily can fly several miles from where they developed, according to Jesse. That's why the most effective mosquito management programs are those that involve an entire community or encompass a large area.
Consumer Reports magazine, July 2010, reviewed mosquito repellents and found that, "most of the tested products will do the job if you're going to be outside for only a couple of hours."
Also listen to a Consumer Reports podcast about the OFF Clip-On Repellent. Their conclusion was that the clip-on, fan-powered repellent did not work very well at keeping mosquitoes away from test subjects wearing the device in an enclosed cage of mosquitoes. Consumer Reports recommends that you choose a topical repellent for better results.
Giant numbers and giant mosquitoes
“The very large mosquitoes that bite viciously are one of our 'usual' species found in Iowa,” said Donald Lewis, extension entomologist. “However, this year is different in that the population seems to be larger than normal.” The extra-large mosquitoes are in a genus called Psorophora. There is no customary common name for these mosquitoes, though some references use the term "gallinipper" or "gallinipper mosquito" for Psorophora mosquitoes.
Tags See All Tags