- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Up and Running with Bootstrap
- Download Adobe Director 11
- Discount - Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011
- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC
- Discount - Cocoatech Path Finder 6 MAC
- 279.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection
- Buy GFI MailArchiver 6.0 (en)
- 149.95$ Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition
- Buy MathWorks MatLab R2009b (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Adobe SoundBooth CS4
|Mosquito Repellents are the Way to Go|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Monday, 18 July 2011 12:12|
The mosquitoes this summer have hit all-time highs and have been a real deterrent to being outside. Mosquito population trends for the summer have reached four times the number from last year. Visit the Iowa State University medical entomology lab mosquito surveillance website at http://mosquito.ent.iastate.edu/browse_county.php for more information.
Floodwater mosquitoes (the most common biters) have no respect for property lines and easily can fly several miles from where they developed, according to Jesse. That's why the most effective mosquito management programs are those that involve an entire community or encompass a large area.
Consumer Reports magazine, July 2010, reviewed mosquito repellents and found that, "most of the tested products will do the job if you're going to be outside for only a couple of hours."
Also listen to a Consumer Reports podcast about the OFF Clip-On Repellent. Their conclusion was that the clip-on, fan-powered repellent did not work very well at keeping mosquitoes away from test subjects wearing the device in an enclosed cage of mosquitoes. Consumer Reports recommends that you choose a topical repellent for better results.
Giant numbers and giant mosquitoes
“The very large mosquitoes that bite viciously are one of our 'usual' species found in Iowa,” said Donald Lewis, extension entomologist. “However, this year is different in that the population seems to be larger than normal.” The extra-large mosquitoes are in a genus called Psorophora. There is no customary common name for these mosquitoes, though some references use the term "gallinipper" or "gallinipper mosquito" for Psorophora mosquitoes.
Tags See All Tags