- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Filters
- Buy Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap CrossOver 9 Professional MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,el,pl,sk,sl,uk)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit) (en)
- 59.95$ Parallels Desktop 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Vegas Pro 11 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Efreesky Magic Utilities 2008
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals
- Discount - Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
|MRDC Releases Queen Bee Honey Whiskey May 4|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Ryan Burchett|
|Tuesday, 01 May 2012 14:39|
Le Claire, Iowa, April 30, 2012 – Fans and whiskey enthusiasts will soon be able to find another Mississippi River Distilling Company whiskey on store shelves. Queen Bee Honey Whiskey will be released for sale this Friday, May 4. This is a corn whiskey infused with fresh honey from beekeepers near Preston, Iowa, just 30 miles north of the distillery. The use of fresh honey is unique says owner and distiller Ryan Burchett.
“There are several honey whiskey products on the market, but if you look closely at the label you’ll see that they are actually labeled as liqueurs and not whiskeys,” Burchett comments. “That’s because once you add sugar to a product, you can’t call it whiskey anymore. Queen Bee is whiskey with real honey added to it, nothing else, which provides a nice smooth sweetness without overwhelming the palate.”
Queen Bee Honey Whiskey is the latest seasonal product to be released by MRDC. Each seasonal product is a limited bottling, usually 3,000 – 4,000 375-ml bottles total available for distribution. The idea behind each seasonal spirit is to bring some unique products to the market and also partner with other local businesses to incorporate new local ingredients.
The distillery is limiting production to 6,000 bottles of Queen Bee Honey Whiskey. “It’s our biggest seasonal yet,” said owner and distiller Garrett Burchett. “We did 3,200 bottles of our seasonal rye whiskey in February and distributors were sold out in six weeks. We’re making a little more of this one, so hopefully it will last a bit longer.”
Friday, May 4 will also be MRDC’s “First Friday” with a Cinco de Mayo celebration from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The First Friday feature event is a free open house and May marks the one year anniversary of these monthly evening socials. Chef Stephanie is preparing a honey mustard sauce with the new Queen Bee Honey Whiskey and celebration the fiesta night with fried bananas. The bar will feature a couple different kinds of margaritas prepared with River Baron Artisan Spirit and River Rose Gin.
Mississippi River Distilling Company is open from 10 AM to 5 PM Monday through Saturday and from 12 to 5 PM Sundays. Free tours are offered to the public daily on the hour from 12 to 4 PM or by appointment. The tour takes visitors through the entire distilling process. Tours end in the Grand Tasting Room with free samples of products for those patrons over 21 years of age. Mark your calendars now for the next release of MRDC’s Cody Road Whiskey on Friday, June 1.
Tags See All Tags