- Buy Cheap Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- 89.95$ Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5
- Buy OEM InDesign CS5 Bible
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap GibbsCAM 2013 64-bit
- Buy Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8
- Buy Cheap Corel Motion Studio 3D
- Buy Cheap SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
|Muscatine Woman Donates Car and Motorized Wheelchair to Homeless Veteran|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ann Ring|
|Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:54|
Rock Island, IL – Norma Rogers, 79, of Muscatine, recently donated her 1995 Cutlass Supreme and her motorized wheelchair to a veteran residing at Christian Care’s rescue mission in Rock Island. “Mom’s now in a retirement home, so she didn’t have any use for her car or the scooter anymore,” said Rogers’ daughter, Lynnette Burns of Muscatine.
“She just wanted to give them away—but she specifically wanted both to go to one veteran. That was very important to her.”
According to Burns, the car has only 105,000 miles on it and the wheelchair is only slightly used. She said it took about two months to find a veteran who could use both the car and wheelchair. “Who just gives away a car and scooter in this day and age?” asked Ernie D., the Navy veteran recipient who has been residing at Christian Care since February. “Something like this—it gives you a little perk in life. It (the donation) hasn’t caught up with me yet.”
Lynnette and her husband Brian contributed to an oil change and an antifreeze change, jumper cables, a water pump, tools, a small air compressor and a fire extinguisher for the vehicle. “Seeing us donate helps our daughters learn how to give back,” explained Lynette.
Christian Care is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization operating two facilities—a domestic violence shelter for abused women and children and a rescue mission for homeless men. It serves homeless individuals, victims of domestic violence, veterans, men and women coming out of prison, and those with mental illnesses.
Its community meal site is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays Monday through Friday, and for breakfast and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast is served at 6:30 a.m., lunch at 12:15 p.m., and dinner at 6:30 p.m.
Anyone in need is encouraged to call Christian Care’s crisis hotline any hour of the day at (309) 788-2273 or visit online at christiancareqc.org.
Tags See All Tags