- 9.95$ VMware Fusion 3 MAC cheap oem
- 59.95$ Abbyy FineReader 9.0 Professional cheap oem
- Download NewBlue Titler Pro
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- 69.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT 2010 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Corel Painter X cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 239.95$ Autodesk 3Ds Max 2010 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 15: Creating a Sports Opening Title
- Download Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Download Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
- Download Adobe Audition 3
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
|MUSLIM LEADERS URGE SENATOR KIRK TO SUPPORT IMMIGRATION REFORM|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Maryam Arain|
|Thursday, 30 May 2013 07:23|
Muslim community leaders host a press conference to garner support for immigration reform
(CHICAGO, 5/29/2013)-- On Thursday, May 30th, the Chicago chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Chicago) will host a press conference with leaders of the Muslim communities of Chicago in an attempt to rally support for immigration reform. CAIR-Chicago, and the Muslim community at large, would like to encourage Senator Mark Kirk and all Congressional leaders who have been silent in regards to Comprehensive Immigration Reform to come out in favor of it.
WHAT: Press conference to urge congressional support for immigration reform
WHEN: Thursday, May 30th, 2013 at 11:00am
WHERE: Azima Center, CAIR-Chicago, 17 N. State Street, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60602
WHO: Participants in the press conference will include:
"Elected officials are in Washington to represent their constituents, their dreams, aspirations, and expectations – not themselves," said CAIR-Chicago's Executive Director Ahmed Rehab. "It is unacceptable that elected officials be silent on this crucial issue at this historic juncture. Senator Kirk, like every official, owes his constituents full transparency as to his position on the issue. We hope it is the right one that will help fix a broken system and help move this great nation forward to a new era of functionality and opportunity. There’s no alternative to reform."
Last week, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed the Senate immigration reform bill which initiated a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants. SB 744 passed with strong bipartisan support and it will now move to the Senate for a full vote.
While this marks a step in the right direction, more work, including addressing the decrease in family visas, is yet to be done!
Tags See All Tags