- Buy Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,no,sv,pt)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC (en,fr)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Buy Alien Skin Exposure 6 MAC (en)
- Buy Project 2010 For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- Buy Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (64-bit) (en,no)
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge 9
- 19.95$ Nero 8 Ultra Edition cheap oem
- Buy OEM Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5
- Download GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Discount - Apple iLife ’11 MAC
|MVBS Presents Scottie Miller|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by MVBS|
|Thursday, 29 November 2012 09:49|
Sunday Dec. 16 at Martinis on the Rock
The Mississippi Valley Blues Society welcomes Scottie Miller and the Reuptake Inhibitors to Martinis on the Rock on Sunday, December 16. The show will start at 6:00pm, and admission will be $7.00 for members and $10.00 for non-members. Martinis on the Rock, an MVBS business member, is located at 4619 - 34th Street, Rock Island, right on the beautiful Rock River.
An accomplished and highly regarded keyboardist, Scottie offers up a diverse blend of blues, funk, soul and jazz, in addition to nailing down the New Orleans groove so tight this Minneapolis resident will have you wondering if the Mississippi River started flowing backwards.
Taking up piano at age six, Scottie Miller attended the prestigious Berklee School of Music, where, although he could only afford one year’s tuition, he managed to complete all four years of proficiency requirements. From there he went on to play with fellow Minnesotan Big John Dickerson and Blue Chamber, and later with Bo Diddley.
Currently, when not touring with his own band, he’s been backing Ruthie Foster for the past four years. In addition to being a keyboardist and bandleader, he’s also a fantastic singer, songwriter, arranger and lyricist. He’s released seven CDs, including the solo acoustic effort Between the Black and the White, which compares favorably to Charles Brown’s similarly classic album In a Grand Style.
The Events Committee has been trying to snag these guys for a couple of years, and we’re fortunate to get them on this date, shortly after Scottie returns from a tour of Australia and a show in New York with Ruthie Foster.
Tags See All Tags