- 9.95$ Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications cheap oem
- Buy OEM Luxion KeyShot Pro 4 + Animation + KeyShotVR
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5.5
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Burning Studio 8
- Download Acala DVD to Pocket PC
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Download Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D
- Download Propellerhead Reason 5
- Buy Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process (en)
- Download Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy dtSearch Desktop 7 (en)
- Buy Cheap Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS4
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Wednesday, 29 January 2014 15:47|
Davenport, Iowa (January 29, 2014) – For the second year in a row, the Mississippi Valley Quilters Guild (MVQG) is partnering with the Figge Art Museum for an exhibition of quilts that will be on display in the lobby. MVQG: Encore will begin Tuesday, February 4 and run through Sunday, February 9.
The exhibition features a selection of quilts by MVQG members and showcases the talent and remarkable skills of these area quilters. Last year’s show was held in conjunction with Quilts: Masterworks from the American Folk Art Museum. This year it will be the only quilt-themed exhibition on view.
“It’s a win, win,” according to Director of Education Melissa Mohr. “The Figge experienced an increase in attendance during last year’s MVQG show, which demonstrates how much this community supports quilting as an art form, and we’re glad we can continue to celebrate area talent in this way. Doing this exhibition every year in the Lobby is a good way for us to stay connected with the quilting community, especially during years when we don’t have a large quilt exhibition on display.”
In conjunction with MVQG: Encore, the Figge will conduct a “People’s Choice” competition, in which visitors are welcome to vote for their favorite quilt. Voting will occur onsite until 6 p.m. on Thursday, February 6. The winner will be announced that evening before an Art-Quilting Talk scheduled for 7 p.m. A quilt raffle will also be taking place throughout the week and quilt appraisals will be available by appointment only from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Thursday, February 6.
The exhibition is free with paid admission or membership and free after 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 6.
Thursday, February 6
Thursday, February 6
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags